If you are looking to reduce the mass you carry around your middle, Northern Colorado offers you a great option in Front Range Plastic Surgery. Our Board Certified Plastic Surgeon is here to make it as painless as possible for you to achieve the body you want.
There are two popular procedures that can help you achieve the body you want: liposuction and tummy tuck, here are the general differences and what each operation offers you.
- Liposuction physically removes fat from the body. The recovery time is a few days to a week. Full results take around six months to show up.
- Liposuction works best on the hips and stomach and gives the best results to those who are already close to their ideal body weight.
- Liposuction is not effective for people who are overweight, because only six to eight pounds can be safely removed.
- During a tummy tuck, a large amount of skin is removed from the lower belly and the skin on the upper stomach is tightened.
- It is a more extensive surgery than liposuction and incisions stretch from hip to hip. The recovery time is one week before returning to work and at least a month before physical activity.
- A tummy tuck is effective for people who have a large amount of skin that needs to be removed after a significant weight loss.
Determining which one you need is easy when you have a consultation with our surgeon, so make an appointment today!