General Saline Implant Information:
- They have a silicone shell and sterile saline solution inside.
- They are available to women 18 years of age and older.
- They are slightly cheaper than silicone implants.
- They are inserted and then inflated, so the incisions for them are smaller.
- They tend to look more round than silicone implants.
- If they rupture, the solution is harmlessly absorbed by the body, and your breast will deflate. This can be preferable to silicon implants, which rupture without showing any signs.
What body types do they suit best?
Generally, saline implants work best on moderately-sized breasts. Because the possibility of rippling (an overfilled/underfilled implant wrinkling and folding), the more natural tissue you have covering the implant the better. However, rippling is a rare side effect that will not happen if you have a skilled plastic surgeon like our Dr. Schutte.
Before you make your final decision, discuss everything with a qualified professional. At Front Range Plastic Surgery, our Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, Dr. Schutte, will be able to help you decide on which implant matches your needs most closely. We are passionate about making the women of the Front Range feel confident, beautiful, and complete. Schedule an appointment for consultation with us today.