If you look in the mirror and your eyes are drawn to your belly with dissatisfaction, you have options. Many of the people who come to our Loveland office did not necessarily expect to need a tummy tuck, and they are concerned about having the full operation. Other people think they need a full tummy tuck, when in fact they do not.
Nothing can replace a personal conversation with an experienced plastic surgeon who has examined your tummy and understands your goals. That is why we are using today’s blog to create a good foundation for your discussion.
Your treatment depends completely on where the problem is.
- This may seem obvious, but many people assume that the solution to their issue must be a tummy tuck. This is not the case.
- If you have too much fat, liposuction will play a big role for you. Liposuction gives only small scars.
- If you have loose skin, a tummy tuck operation comes into play. The extent of your tummy tuck will depend on how much loose skin you want removed.
- A small amount of loose skin can be fixed with either an endoscopic abdominoplasty or a mini-abdominoplasty, which result in two inch or C-section like scars respectively. A full tummy tuck results in longer scars.
- Liposuction and a tummy tuck may be necessary to remove excess fat and tighten the resulting loose skin.
The procedure you need will be different from anyone else’s. The key to understanding how to get results that make you smile is to talk with an experienced plastic surgeon. At Loveland Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, our Board Certified Plastic Surgeon is ready to sit down and understand what you need. Contact us today for an appointment!