At Front Range Plastic Surgery, we know that breasts can cause complications and prevent you from living life to the fullest. Whether it is an augmentation or a reduction procedure, we are here to compassionately provide what you need.
In this blog, we will discuss what would make you a good candidate for breast reduction. In general, if you are healthy and have a positive attitude, you should be a good candidate. Here are some other things to consider:
- You have realistic expectations. You are able to accurately express what you want to your plastic surgeon.
- You have bad posture or numbness in your breasts/upper chest because of your breast weight.
- Your breast size makes you very unhappy with your appearance.
- You are emotionally and mentally stable, able to be patient and get through the healing period.
- You are old enough that your breast growth has ended.
- You will no longer be having children and breastfeeding. This operation does not always mean that you will not be able to breastfeed, but make sure you talk to your surgeon about this in detail.
- You get neck aches, back aches, or irritation under your breasts.
- You have no pre-existing medical conditions and you are in good health.
- Your skin has enough elasticity and will be able regain tightness after the surgery.
At Front Range Plastic Surgery, we have a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who is ready to discuss breast operations with you. Whether you need augmentation or reduction, Dr. Schutte will carefully work to understand your situation and your needs. Make an appointment today.