At Front Range Plastic Surgery, we want to do whatever makes you more confident and comfortable in your skin. Facelifts are a great way to regain confidence, because they alleviate wrinkles and sags caused by stress, sun, and and gravity on your face.
In order to experience the full benefits of this operation, the first step is to listen to your surgeon! Our Dr. Schutte is a board-certified plastic surgeon, and he will do everything in his power to give you the very best results. In the meantime, here are some of the general things to do after a facelift.
- Don’t panic if you look “worse” at first. Expect bruising and swelling. All of this is normal and will fade with time.
- Keep your head elevated! This is extremely important, because it keeps swelling down and reduces your recovery time. Failure to keep your head up may permanently change the shape of your face and will prolong your recovery.
- After your surgery your whole head will be tightly bandaged in order to minimize swelling and bruising. Hang in there – the bandages are usually removed after one day!
- If you feel tightness and numbness on your face and neck, don’t worry. Give it time – up to two months. Once your skin starts to stabilize, it will loosen slightly, and full sensation will gradually return.
- Watch those incisions closely! The following signs indicate infection: drainage, excessive pain, increasing warmth, spreading redness, swelling, and tightness.
The team at Front Range Plastic Surgery has been changing the lives of people up and down the Front Range for years. At our plastic surgery office, we are 100% invested in doing what it takes to give you back your confidence and wellbeing. Make an appointment with us today!